1. USA Wrestling card for athlete cost is $40.00 and can be purchase at www.themat.com.
2. Singlet will be required for competitions. Singlets will be available for purchase, .
3. Wrestling shoes which can be purchase at locally at Academy, Dick's, Barcelona sports or numerous online sites including Amazon.com. We have some used shoes which we will sell to you for $20.00 if proper size is available.
4. Wrestling headgear can be purchased online.
5. Entries in at least 2 local wrestling tournaments, estimated $15.00/event for beginners and entries in at least 3 travel tournaments for advanced wrestlers.
6. Getting wrestlers to practice! Beginners need to be at practice twice per week and advanced need to be at practice a minimum
of 3 times per week. We understand that there are circumstances in which will not allow you to meet this requirement every week however, in order to make champions, wrestlers need to put time in the mat room.
7. A team shirt and apparel may be purchased.
8. MANDATORY: Volunteer hours are needed from each parent. This includes matroom upkeep, score table and time keeping at local tournaments and any fundraiser events held for the club. Remember, Boneyard Wrestling Academy is a nonprofit organization, all coaches, organizers and board members are volunteers.
9. We encourage parents to help coach the kids as long as the help all the kids and not just their own. All coaches will need a USA Wrestling Coaches card with a copper coaching course passed as well as a background check by USA Wrestling. Visit www.themat.com for details.
10. And last but not least, PLEASE let the coaches coach your kids. Wrestling is a very personal sport that allows parents to get a little bit TOO involved at times. This is a marathon sport not a sprint, yelling at or reprimanding your kids at practice will only delay his or her development. We want the kids to enjoy their time at practice and want to come back and work hard to become champions both on the mat and in life.